Chicago, Aurora &
Car 10, from the CA&E’s
first order of cars (1902 Niles). Originally built as a coach, it
was later rebuilt into a combine (the only one on the CA&E) for use
in funeral trains. After the funeral service ended in the 1930s,
it continued in passenger service until it was destroyed in a wreck in
1948. The car is painted in the 1930’s “coffee and cream”, and the
arched stained glass windows (“streamer sash”) have been removed.
On the west side of the Wheaton shops.
Caption data from Randall
Bill Volkmer collection
to home page