Snow sweeper 0295 converted
from an open car in the Bridgeport yard. 0295 has a "CR&L" logo
on it, so the photo must have been taken in 1937 or maybe late 1936.
Wason rebuilt Stephenson open cars 603-608 to sweepers 0295-0300 in 1921,
apparently using the same techniques that Conn Company used on their rebuilding
of Jackson & Sharp opens from the 371-381 group into sweepers 0272-0279
in 1920. Note the cut-down deck roof on 0295.
Caption data from Bill Young
Bill Volkmer collection
from Eugene Van Dusen
Connecticut Company Page
to Main Page