207 had its MU connection
in the socket under the motorman's window, where the headlight ought to
be but isn't. The coupler was just a coupler, looks like a Tomlinson
but doesn't appear to have any electric portion.
Conn Company tried MU a
few times: open cars 1126-1145 (New Haven), interurbans 201-210 (Norwich),
and interurbans 1822-1831 (Hartford/New Britain). It was probably
used on the open cars most of any, and even then not much: people didn't
like being in the trailing open car and eating the first car's dust.
Plus Conn Co didn't adjust its electric-switch contactors to allow for
an MU train of cars, so there was another source of problems since Conn
Co had to put all poles up when running any cars MU.
Caption data from Bill Young
Bill Volkmer collection
Connecticut Company Page
to Main Page