These long trailers (#601-609)
were built by Cinci Car Co. for PRC about1914 or '15, and were used as
such until 1922, mostly on the heaviest of PRC lines, #7 (N. Main/Wayne).
About 1923 the trailers were sent back to Cinci Car Co. for conversion
into motorized streetcars. This picture taken in the late summer of 1940,
shows #25x on the PROW on N. Main St., somewhere north of Redwood Avenue,
on former DC&P interurban
trackage (taken over by PRC after DC&P abandonment in 1926.)
PRC route 7 was PRC's last rail line, and was replaced by ETB's in August
This color pix is from an
8mm movie frame, thus the grain, but the beautiful PRC paint scheme clearly
shows what distinctive colors they had.
Harv Hylton collection
to Dayton Page
to Main Page