Los Angeles Railway
1529 on Route O
June 27, 194747
The O line was one of those
losses in August of 1947. Those white roofs didn't last long, either.
LATL used carbon insert trolley shoes, and the carbon droppings soon made
a mess of the white roof.
When tracking abandonments
in Los Angeles, it is important, but difficult, to keep track on those
portions of abandoned lines that themselves were not abandoned. For
instance, 8th St. from Vermont to Western was originally a part of the
N line, but it became a part of the S line, and another western portion
of the S line was abandoned. Similarly, the Manchester and Central end
was originally a part of the U line, but became the southeastern part of
the S line. The F line took over portions of the U when the Hoover
Street trackage was abandoned. Kept us railfans very busy....
Caption comment from Ken
Robert McVay photo
Joe Testagrose collection
Testagrose LA Railway page
to Los Angeles Railways Page
State by state index
to Home Page