Middlesex & Boston
#41 was built by the John
Stephenson Car Company in 1901. The car was an order of just four
delivered to the Lexington & Boston Street Railway. The M&B
bought out Lexington in 1912 and 41 became part of a 250+ fleet.
When car 41's running life was over in 1930, the body was sold to Mr. Mcgowen
of Natick and he turned the car into a diner at the corner of Wrocester
Road and North Main Street. For two years the diner served the people
of the Boston & Worcester Air Line. The diner lasted into the
1940's when it was converted into a salvage store. On June 18, 1962,
the car body was moved to the Seashore Trolley Museum in Maine. Today
there is serious funding for the future restoration of this car.
Known as the "Route of the Minute Men Trolley." This car because
it ran in Lexington, Bedford and Concord makes it the most patriotic trolley.
Caption data from Doug Carrier
Charlie Duncan photo
Seashore Trolley Museum
to Main Page