City Lines of West Virginia
This car was one of 3 built
by Kuhlman Car Co. of Cleveland, Ohio in 1927 for the Morgantown, WV line
to the suburb of Sabraton, location of a tin-plating mill. The mill closed
during the depression in 1934, what was left of a very decrepit system
was abandoned, and these three cars being the only modern cars
on the system, were taken over by the City Lines of West Virginia, placing
the 113 and 114 in Parkersburg and the 115 in Clarksburg where this photo
was taken probably about 1947. In 1947 the remaining tracks
of what was once a seven line system were abandoned.
Data from CERA book on West
Penn Traction 1968.
West Virginia page
state by state index
to Home Page